Greetings New York City Comptroller’s Office,
I treat everyone at the NYC Comptroller’s Office, CUNY, HRA, USPS, etc. with the utmost respect at all times. Just because I’m suing doesn’t mean I’m disrespectful. I love CUNY. It’s the best opportunity ever.
I would like to sue LaGuardia Community College for $150,000.00
My GPA at LaGuardia is 4.0 After 27 credits.
The following are the reasons I want to sue LaGuardia Community College:
1. The date of this incident was December 10, 2020. I have emails attached to back up my claim. In one of my classes (see attached), I was told I have to answer questions from students during a presentation. I politely alerted the teacher that I would gladly answer his questions after the presentation but I don’t want to interact with students on my phone. I want to maintain my privacy. If we were in class at school that’s a different story. I just don’t think it’s fair that I have to get on my phone with students after everything I’ve been through with students harassing me at school for no reason and LaGuardia security saying the security video cameras were broken when I reported the incident.
I want to maintain my privacy among students. I have no criminal record. I don’t do anything illegal. I don’t drink. I don’t smoke. I don’t party.
The professor is very nice and a great teacher. I respect his decision to deduct points and that is why I’m taking up the matter legally. I also contacted the Department and Sexual Harassment office. I was very polite, they were very polite, regardless they ruled against me.
I have been homeless living in the streets for the past five years. All my assignments for this class and all classes are turned in on time or early. I have an A in this class. I don’t think it’s fair for my A and 4.0 GPA to be taken away from me because I don’t want to get on the phone with students for a few questions.
It’s one thing to have to give a presentation in class and answer questions. In my opinion, it’s a different thing for me to be forced to get on my personal phone with students. I’m 44 years old and homeless. I find it best to keep to myself at school. Everyone involved knows my situation.
2. Professors keep asking me to sign up for various online chats or online messaging services. See attached emails with dates and specifics. The reason I don’t want to do it is that I’ve had students flirt with me online and in school and harass me at school. I just want to focus on school. I don’t want to be in an online messaging website or chat where students have access to contact me. I would prefer to communicate with the professor via email.
2. I have to find the date for this one. If I can’t find the date I’ll drop it out of the lawsuit. I have the date for other instances and hopefully, that should be enough for a deposition. One time I was in class and a student started yelling and screaming at me. I don’t have the slightest clue who the person is. There is a security camera in the class. I filed a complaint with security and they said the security camera was broken. That is one of a few times when students were harassing me for no reason. I can handle it, I’m just trying to avoid any future occurrences.
3. Another thing I don’t understand is the sharing of information unnecessarily. For example, I have had a few teachers email me the full names and email addresses of all the students in my classes. Why do I need the full names and emails of everyone in my classes? This has been done at least three times. I don’t want students having my information unnecessarily and vice versa. When you go on the CUNY student websites it mentions sexual harassment on every website. If they are so concerned with protecting everyone then why are they sharing students’ information so freely?
4. I had one teacher that was not responsive at all. He would have Zoom classes and not send me the link. He wouldn’t send me a syllabus. If a student acted the way the teacher acted, the student would fail out of school. I’ll attach the emails with the dates and teacher info. I contacted the department and they never responded. It’s hard enough to stay on top of schoolwork without having access to the school. When teachers and the departments don’t respond for weeks on end, I don’t understand how the school is going to function. Why would the school permit a professor to act like that when there are so many teachers vying for the jobs?
Thank you and have a great day.