Thank you very much for the feedback. More important than anything, regardless if I agree with the policy or not I treat everyone at CUNY, staff, and students, with the utmost respect at all times. I’m a respectful person.
I still don’t want to be exposed to any student’s contact and personal information. I don’t see why that should be mandatory. I have reported two instances of women harassing me at CUNY.
- A woman was yelling at me in class for no reason. I have no clue who she is and I never said one word to her in my life nor did I respond. There was a security video camera pointing right at us in the class. I reported it to the security at LaGuardia and they said the camera was broken that day.
- A woman was harassing me at BMCC. Again there was a video camera pointing right at us. I contacted several staff at the school and they ignored me.
I gave them both the exact date and time which should still be in my email.
- Now I have teachers telling me it’s mandatory to get on private video calls with teenage female students and no teacher supervision.
- I have teachers emailing me every female students full name and email address and asking for confirmation of receipt.
- I have teachers asking me instead of contacting them to get on a group chat where everyone’s full name is listed with access to contact each other.
For number 3 I have access to zoom, the syllabus, the teacher’s email, and the textbook. I want to maintain my privacy with the students.
Please advise who I should contact about this matter.
Thank you and have a great day.
I love CUNY.